Welcome to Spring Soccer!
The La Vista Academy and League soccer programs for 4-7 year olds will begin one week from today! This program is managed for the La Vista Recreation Department by Metro Wolves Soccer Club, so expect more emails from Wolves as the program progresses. Email will be our primary form of contact, though we will also try to post any updates on our Social Media accounts as appropriate.
Important Information (at least we think so):
- The program meets on Tuesday evenings and Saturday Mornings for 5 weeks, starting April 5th.
- On Tuesday, everyone meets at 6:00 p.m.
- On Saturdays, the 4-5 year old Academy program meets from 9:00-10:00 a.m., the 6-7 year old League program meets from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays are primarily skills training, Saturdays are primarily scrimmaging, with all sessions focusing on fun as well as learning.
- All sessions are at the La Vista Sports Complex, 7347 S. 66th St. We will be on the East side of 66th street. Meet near the concession stand for your daily field assignments.
- Please arrive early to your first session for check-in. We cannot process everyone at 5:59 to hand out t-shirts and answer questions, and get started by 6:00 🙂 Once you have checked in, there is no need to check in again each session.
- While Wolves SC will provide the trainers and overall management of the program, we are dependent on parents to step in as much as possible. Especially with the younger children, they need as much parenting and cat herding as they need coaching. Don’t hesitate to jump in to help, no soccer experience necessary!
- Team assignments will be forthcoming. These may change in real time depending on attendance – we will move kids around if one team has 5 show up and another has 9-10.
- Weather cancellations will be up to the city – call their rainout line (402-697-7756) before coming if conditions are uncertain. If the message on the rainout line hasn’t been updated, there is no point in emailing us because that’s probably all we know also. General rule of thumb – if the facility is open, we will have the League and Academy sessions as scheduled.
All in all, our best advice is to Stay Positive! Mistakes happen and that’s okay, that’s what they learn from. Encourage your children to keep trying, rather than criticizing any imperfections.
We are not looking for highly skilled players at this age, we only want enthusiasm and a desire to learn. This is an introduction to soccer especially for the 4-5 year old program, and we know it may not be for everyone
Good luck and we’ll see you next week!
Wolves Soccer Club